You can have Rajma Masala using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rajma Masala
- It’s 1 cup of rajma/kidney beans.
- You need 3-4 cups of water for soaking rajma.
- It’s 3-4 cups of water for pressure cook rajma.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic green chilli paste.
- Prepare 1 of small cinnamon stick/dalchini.
- It’s 1 of cardamom/elaichi.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf/tej patta.
- Prepare 2 of cloves/laung.
- You need 3-4 of black pepper corns/kali mirch.
- You need 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of haldi powder (turmeric).
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 pinch of heeng (asefotida).
- It’s 1 tsp of jeera (cumin).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 2 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of fresh cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
Rajma Masala step by step
- Firstly soak rajma in enough water for 7-8 hours. Pressure cook rajma for 4-5 whistles..
- Heat butter in a pan on low medium flame. Add jeera, heeng and whole spices, saute for few seconds..
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns golden brown..
- Add in the ginger garlic chilli paste and saute for few seconds..
- Now add coriander powder, red chilli powder and haldi powder along with tomato puree. Saute till the masala starts leaving the oil..
- Add rajma, rajma stock(according to the consistency you want), salt, garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Give it a nice mix and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes..
- Lastly add cream, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, paratha, naan or rice..
How to Make Appetizing Rajma Masala